Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Monsterpocalypse!!



Sunday I managed to get over to Lano's where he had set up some taster games of Privateer Press' new (re) release Monsterpocalypse.



Lee sets up as the 'Planet Eaters' . . . . basically Tryranids.




I take the helm of the G.U.A.R.D. faction . . . . . basically Voltron!




First the soundtrack I was singing all game




In my turn my flyers swoop forward  . . . .




Then 'Voltron' rocket boosts ahead . . . .




Where he gets dropped kicked by Lee's Gorghadra . . . . . .



across the plaza into a burning building!!




As that looks like so much fun I power up and do the same to Lee . . . . .




Realising I need to use certain map tiles and occupy buildings to 'power up', I call up reinforcements . . . .




Before slinging Gorghadra about a bit more!




Due to damage the Gorghadra 'Hulks up' and becomes even harder to hit . . This will cause me all kinds of headaches in the upcoming turns.


Lee's forces also start to occupy more and more building and I am really on the back foot!




With my back against the wall I go for an all of nothing move and attempt to supplex the Gorghadra into the burning building behind me.


If I fail I will have used up all my 'power dice' and be completely at Lee's mercy . . . .




Thankfully I roll JUST enough and the Tyranids are banished once again.


So all in all a fun little game. There is tactical nuance to it and the resource element of the dice adds something new to the games I play.


MIGHT invest in a starter set as our whatsapp grup have gone nuts on this and I think it will be flavour of the month for at least a little while

Post a Comment

0 Comments