Months ago, I set-out to create a memorable book cover for Woman on the Verge of Paradise. My strategy included these ingredients:
  • some form of chocolate, the darker the better;
  • my elegant 8-year old wedding dress, which still fit if I held my breath indefinitely and ignored the fact that the back snap kept popping open;
  • a professional photography studio in Sacramento, CA;
  • the creative genius of Bryan Pedas, one-half of the creative genius bro-duo at A Beer for the Shower. Oh, and one more thing...
  • Peggy Sue. In case you haven't met her, Peggy Sue is Brandon and Bryan's CEO: a mentally challenged goat with an orthopedic shoe. Only in hindsight did I realize Peggy Sue had influenced my book-cover photo-shoot. She and I would be like celibacy lookalikes, like DeVito and Schwarzenegger, Donald Trump and Miley Cyrus, Richard Simmons and a head of broccoli...We're talking kin-dread spirits. And I'll prove it to you in upcoming posts. For now, let's welcome Miss Peggy Sue. Peggy limps onto the stage with a lengthy, slobbery, "BAAAH!"
 
artwork by Brandon Meyers and Bryan Pedas, who first introduced
Peggy Sue here.

Thank you, B&B, for pushing her out of the helicopter. I don't even think she noticed there was no parachute. I'll kick her back your way after she assists with some demos. Actually, we could use her in CA. Drought and all. We haven't seen this much fluid in a long time. She really is special.

Stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen, for a series of cover-reject photos.

Take care of yourselves, and have a laugh-filled week.