Second Saturday in Sac Town ( thats local esperanto for Sacramento ) was absolutely wild last night. I hit traffic on the way to S12 and although I left early enough I got there late and when I swung the doors open to the painting hall the place was packed and as usual I got the worst spot in the house ... in the dark. Oh Well ... you gots to make the best of the hand dealt to you. I am one of those half full kinda guys.
I would not ordinarily choose an view where the lighting is so flat ... but this was my challenge for the night ....
There was excitement in the air. Patris was all dressed up and that usually means that this is a serious sales event. People were constantly streaming in and out and I got about 2 hrs of the 3hrs painting time in. S12 was definitely bopping and sizzling. Art lovers were treated to 20 painters painting from a model that was a tattoo road map. I got the feeling that there were more tats on her " where's Waldo " anatomy .
Frankly, other than Marilyn Rose , I don't think any of us were on our game. She did a beauty!!!!! There was just too much movement and activity distracting us from painting our model. But it was sure fun and I would do it again in a heart beat.
So . I can't say that this painting is my best ... but it is one of the few times that I have painted in public sipping some really good Merlot!
I brought a camera and my son David to record the event but alas ... nay ... forgot .... but ... the model had me take a pic of her with my painting in the foreground... maybe I can get a copy ? ...
____
A days painting ...



0 Comments