Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekends

before the vet visit yesterday

Well well well, I've had quite a weekend!  Yesterday while coming home from the grocery store preparing for my daughter and son in law's overnight visit to see us.  I was turning up our road and I spied a little orange ball of fluff.  I thought "God rest its soul" assuming it was dead.  Then it moved.

I put my four way flashers on and picked it up and drove home.  I was on the phone with the vet off and on for a half hour trying to assess how serious the kitten's condition was in.  Eventually they said 'bring it in'.

after the vet visit yesterday
 While we waited at the vet hospital as they assessed and triaged her condition.  I said to my husband "Holly for a girl and Jingle for a boy"  and he said " we are keeping it???"  Call me crazy but yeah.

Meet Holly.

She was below body temperature and had low glucose and dehydrated, not to mention below weight.  I don't know how long she was in the woods and I cringe thinking she was with litter mates who didn't make it.


snow!

My Saturday was a slurry of a vet visit, a second grocery store run and then a third grocery store run.  Buying all the 'stuff' that a kitten needs.  We set her up in the dining room in a large dog crate until she officially gets her shots, dewormed, de-flea-ed etc... I think they want to check her for leukemia too.  We have a baby gate up so dear Frodo (whose world is up side DOWN) cannot disturb her.

she sees you!

Apparently being rescued from death is hard work, she sleeps a lot!  Poor thing.

My husband and I are angry that a human did this to a creature of the earth.  This is the second time we've rescued.  Our first time was a litter of six, five made it and we were super lucky to know someone who found homes for them all.  I want to scream "spay and neuter your pets people".  Seriously.  Grr.


Anyways, Frodo is jealous when we interact with her.  Deep down I think he wanted to eat her but she is feisty and has done a silent hiss and once swatted at him.  He acts like a bully but inside he was crushed and defeated.  We try to praise him up whenever we can.

She is only in our living area on our laps (remember fleas...).  She will remain in the dining room and eventually we will move her probably to the front room that has doors....  Got any advice for me?  Please give me some, especially introducing a kitten into an old dog home.

Also keep your fingers crossed (or pray) she is not seriously ill.  She is lucky to have no broken bones or any critical injuries (like being tossed out of a vehicle).


By the way, I am exhausted physically and emotionally, so is my husband!


How was your weekend?

this afternoon today












Post a Comment

0 Comments