Before & After
I liked the old color, but I was ready for a change.
It went from dark to cheery
&
from contemporary to country fresh.
Don't you think?
Welcome to our kitchen!
A few weeks ago I shared photos
of my milk bottle project.
I thought that you might like to see it
hanging on my newly painted accent wall.
My kitchen is painted a medium light gray,
and this wall was painted charcoal gray.
I think that by painting it this robin's egg blue,
and hanging my newly made signs,
that it brought a little more cheerfulness to our kitchen.
This started out as a calendar frame.
I found it at the Senior Center Thrift Store for $1.25.
I painted the frame white and used chalkboard paint on the inside,
which was already MDF.
I just love it when it turns into
an easy pleasey re-do :)
(nothing but painting)
This little sign I made from a piece of leftover cedar fencing.
A little dry brushing, a homemade stencil, some painting, some stain, some sanding
and a good old fashion "behind the barn beating"
and it went from new to old and worn.
I decided that my spice jars needed new labels.
So, I made these on the computer.
Printed them on sticker paper.
Sprayed them with a clear sealer.
I like how they fit with my retro vibe.
(if anyone is wondering . . . yes that is one of those old clocks that hung in every classroom across America. I found it about thirty years ago and paid $2.
I don't know how many times in my childhood I stared at one of those old clocks.
Just waiting for recess or time to be dismissed for the day :)
This sign hangs above the refrigerator.
I think I made it about 10 years ago.
It was a scrap of plywood that I painted
and then I found these roosters in a wall paper sample book.
If you hit the wallpaper stores on just the right day,
you can usually get these free.
If you are like me and you like signs,
then I hope that this post inspired you to make your own.
Another great source for free weathered wood
is old pallets. You can find them in alleys behind stores.
Always ask before you take them, just in case they are being saved for someone.
More times than not they will be happy to just get rid of them.
So happy that they may even help you load them up.
Happy DYIing,
Connie :)



0 Comments