Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to share with you a massive, massive double review of the Skin79 Green and Orange BB Creams! I purchased this both of these BB Cream from Roseroseshop last year because they were quite cheap and I was unable to find testers of the Green BB which is touted as one of the palest BB Creams ever! I've already trialled the Orange BB Cream in my First Impressions Skin79 Orange BB Cream post, and four other of Skin79's BB's in my other Skin79 BB Cream swatches and reviews. I've also compared these two BB Creams in my Super pale swatches along with a bunch of other super pale products!
The two BB Cream's come in identical packaging with super hygienic pumps. They're great to travel with because they have hard cases meaning nothing will be squeezed out accidentally, although I am quite wary that the pump might accidentally depress while in transit.
I purchased the Skin79 Green BB Cream for $16.10 (Now $13.79!) and the Skin79 Orange BB Cream - $11.20 (no longer available).
I love that the silver BB has a holographic shine (petty packaging loves!). An interesting point of difference between the two BB Creams is that the Green BB has an SPF30 PA++ while the Orange BB has SPF50 PA+++
The Green BB is very pale a neutral toned. I don't find that it leans pink or yellow too much, and is a little darker than both of my Missha BB Creams. It's quite thick, but spreads out really well, with light to medium coverage so i do need to use concealer on my problem areas, but it does have a quite matte finish rather than the regular dewy BB Creams.
I did find that I got very shiny after 6 hours and the BB Cream sat in my pores and fine lines.
The colour isn't too bad, still not absolutely perfect though. I find that it looks a little grey/pink almost? It's fine for casual everyday wear though!
The Orange BB Cream has exactly the same packaging as the Green but different ingredients. I had assumed that both the Green and Orange BB Creams had the same ingredients just with different tones of colour, but obviously they must be quite different!
The Orange BB Cream is much warmer in tone than the Green BB which means I almost suit it better than the Green BB since i do have very yellow skin. It's a little too dark, but as long as you can't see my arms it looks ok! (My arms are really pale).
Just like the Green BB, the Orange BB does get quite oily after 6 hours for me (but then again what doesn't?) but is absolutely fine with a little oil blotting paper.
I'm so unsure about the colouring of this BB Cream. It's undeniably too dark, but I'm not sure if the fact that it's so warm toned almost makes it better than the Green BB which is a better shade of "pale" for me. The leftmost photo is what it looks like outside while in the car (and yes the glasses are real, I need them to see! I usually wear contact lenses but was having a lazy day today) while the right photos are taken sitting in front of my window.
I've compared the two BB Creams side by side (of course!) and the Orange BB makes the Green BB look quite pink in comparison! The Green BB is a better colour in terms of paleness, but the Orange BB is better in terms of warmth. I didn't photograph it, but the BB Creams don't oxidize at all, not like the Super Pink BB did!
I hope you Princesses enjoyed this review! Let me know if you have any BB Cream review requests! ^.^
The colour isn't too bad, still not absolutely perfect though. I find that it looks a little grey/pink almost? It's fine for casual everyday wear though!
The Orange BB Cream has exactly the same packaging as the Green but different ingredients. I had assumed that both the Green and Orange BB Creams had the same ingredients just with different tones of colour, but obviously they must be quite different!
The Orange BB Cream is much warmer in tone than the Green BB which means I almost suit it better than the Green BB since i do have very yellow skin. It's a little too dark, but as long as you can't see my arms it looks ok! (My arms are really pale).
Just like the Green BB, the Orange BB does get quite oily after 6 hours for me (but then again what doesn't?) but is absolutely fine with a little oil blotting paper.
I'm so unsure about the colouring of this BB Cream. It's undeniably too dark, but I'm not sure if the fact that it's so warm toned almost makes it better than the Green BB which is a better shade of "pale" for me. The leftmost photo is what it looks like outside while in the car (and yes the glasses are real, I need them to see! I usually wear contact lenses but was having a lazy day today) while the right photos are taken sitting in front of my window.
I've compared the two BB Creams side by side (of course!) and the Orange BB makes the Green BB look quite pink in comparison! The Green BB is a better colour in terms of paleness, but the Orange BB is better in terms of warmth. I didn't photograph it, but the BB Creams don't oxidize at all, not like the Super Pink BB did!
So what happens when I mix the two foundations? Does it create the perfect coloured BB?
No not really. Now it still seems a little pink and dark, but it's not bad, it's not bad! It is a little too much effort for something that's just for casual wear (not full coverage) and either the Green or Orange suits almost as well.What I Love
- Relatively inexpensive
- Wide colour range
- Goes relatively pale for both cool and warm toned skin
- Great sturdy, hygienic packaging
What I Don't Love
- Not a perfect fit (close enough though)
- A little hard to find
- Both get quite oily after 6+ hours
- Both get quite oily after 6+ hours
Final Thoughts?
I liked both of these BB Creams, but I'm unsure if I'll actually keep both! They both make my skin feel lovely (like a BB Cream should!) and have ample sun protection. They both feel very similar on the skin even though they have different ingredients! I think that the Green BB is a little pinker than my two Missha BB Creams, but the Orange BB is similar in colouring to all of the Etude House BB Creams that I've trialled. I don't really know, I'll have to do another masterpost on pale BB Creams! I hope you Princesses enjoyed this review! Let me know if you have any BB Cream review requests! ^.^
















0 Comments